We take the responsibility to protect your privacy and confidentiality very seriously. We understand that all users of our website, and those we have direct contact with, are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected on this website or given to us willingly as part of your relationship with Millbank Kennels & Cattery.
1. Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
The type of information we will hold include:
- Telephone numbers.
- Email address.
- Information on your pet.
This information is used:
- To provide you with the services which you request.
- To enable us to contact you in case of an emergency.
Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
This information is stored in hard copy format, and is kept in a locked cabinet. Only we have access to this cabinet and information.
2. Veterinary Information
We request information on your veterinary practice to enable us to respond quickly to any emergency with regards to your pet. At this point we would share your information with the vet. When completing the form with this information, we assume permission is given to us to use your information in this way, in this circumstance.
3. Website usage information
4. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service. However, we suggest you assess this notice to judge that we do take your privacy seriously.
5. Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- To allow essential parts of our website to operate for you.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
7. Making a Complaint
If we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact another person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this only if absolutely necessary to resolve the complaint, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
8. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you at the start of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
9. Marketing information
Milbank Kennels and Cattery do not undertake direct marketing campaigns, so you will not receive direct communication from us in any format. We do, however, like to use reviews or quotes from our customers on our Facebook page, or on our website. If we would like to do this with a review we have received, we will always ask permission from you first, and we can remove your name if that is what you would prefer.
10. Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
11. Reviewing your personal data
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
You have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Withdraw your consent at any time.
- Ask that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- Request that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
12. Sale of your personal information
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
13. Compliance with the law
- Baron Hill, Cymyran Road, Llanfair yn Newbwll. LL65 3LD
- 07540 664767